It was such a beautiful day.
Much anticipated. So many smiles. A few tears.
Goofy kids trying to hide their fears. Joking and laughter.
"What does FAMILY mean?"
Affirmation from the judge.
"So many people walk through my doors to try to get out of their responsibility, rarely do I see folks like you who come and ask me for more."
We are not rare people, Your Honor, we are just changed people. People who were bought with a price. The sacrifice of the Father, giving His precious Only to pay MY price, it inspires me... humbles me. Thank you, Jesus! You paid the debt I owed! You saved my needy soul. You redeemed me! You CHOSE me! You call me fearfully and wonderfully made. You rejoice over me with singing.
I remember so WELL the day I was adopted, and how amazing it felt to be in the family of GOD. HIS daughter!
And so clearly I remember the celebration in my heart when I could finely say, "You're my daughter." "You're my son!"
Contrary to popular belief, the feelings don't come right away. You don't fall in love at first sight. Unconditional love does'nt come naturally. But oh, when you advocate for a child, sacrifice for a child, get vulnerable for a child and give yourself before you have even MET them...
You CHOSE to love them. You chose to fight for their freedom from abuse and hunger. You chose to be the one to show them hope of a future. You chose to be the one to LIVE THE GOSPEL TO THEM EVERY DAY. No matter what.
Hannah requested bacon on the adoption celebration cake. I was happy to oblige.
After the finalization at the courthouse, we celebrated at the kids sweet CASA's house. Just a few close family and friends. It was perfectly sweet.
.jpg)



1 comment:
You have such a beautiful family, Sara. May God give you strength daily. Thank you for being such a wonderful example of obeying the Father. It is not always the easiest. Please know that I think of you all often and say a prayer for you. May God Bless your family. Glad to see you posting again!
Post a Comment