Tuesday, February 2, 2010

To... Or not to?

If you are a parent, you know the weight and responsibility
that goes along with this question.
Add in the pressure of surrounding opinions,
and you have yourself in a pickle.
A rock and a hard place.
Call it what you will, all these Q's have been changing me.
My heart, my inner struggle of why I
make decisions like I do. Is it fear of man, what others think
of my parenting, or is it true conviction?
Advice-taking has it's boundaries. At some point we
have to make a decision for our child...
some of them will be mistakes. But I need to
learn from them, not stay weeping in my regrets.
I often think that if most people are doing it one way,
that must be the right way.
Maybe that group just has a few persuasive people in it!
I have been hard challenged to pray
for the Holy Spirit's wisdom, and then step out!
Is my faith really so weak that I can't trust my
Shepherd's voice? Where are my doubts coming from?
My child will benefit more from a parent who
believes in what they doing way more then they ever
could from a parent who operates out of fear.

Let Faith overcome your Fear, Sara...
and let Christ be Lord in your life.

2 comments:

Crystal said...

I agree, Miss Sara... very true! What a blessing for Reed to see his parents work together, make decisions together, and stand up for what they feel is best for him without giving in to fear of those who pressure them. Thanks for sharing!

Kati said...

Oh my dear friend, thoughts just like these have been consuming me lately! To resign to pleasing only HIM is our goal...only by His grace! Love you!