Saturday, June 4, 2011

Rod's Birthday

 We spent the day at a local farm that takes you back to life in the 1880's. Demonstrations, reconstructed and historical buildings, and even period farm animals paint a vivid picture. It was the perfect environment for my history-loving husband, and my animal-loving 2 year old. Dominic and I were just along for the exciting ride. 



 Dominic started out the day all snuggled up in his stroller, but soon realized that he was missing out on something and wanted to be able to see... so into the sling on mommy he went, wearing his his brothers hat, and loved every minute. And then fell fast asleep.










 A plow-

 And the planter. [both still in use on the farm]





 The blacksmith was at work that day; and was quite friendly and impressive.







 Reed and the sheep had a little heart-to-heart. Don't ask me what they were talking about- but it was definitely a conversation.









 When Reed noticed the horses trough, and asked Rod what it was, Rod said, "a horses cup"!







The farm was coming to life with spring emerging everywhere... and it was a neat place to experience it. We already have been back once since this day- and I don't think we will wait very long before we visit again.
[I was inspired! They were cooking up some French Onion Soup in the kitchen when we were there, and it smelled so goooood. I came home and dug out my cookbooks- and made our own pot of it that very week.]