[Mama has a trained eye to spot that little red head in the crowd.] He was off like lightning to see this or that, and I was left wondering if I should chase him or stay with the stroller that held my sleeping baby. I am so thankful that grandma came along, and was there at the front lines to lift up, and then direct our 2, 3, and 5 year old's. We must've picked the busiest day to visit the zoo; battling the crowds was a bit stressful for this new mama of two.
I try to act grown-up around carousels, and pretend the only reason I'm there is the thrill for my son. But truth is, I get all giddy when the music begins to play- and wish I was a child again. I would ride it nine times in a row. I would always ride the animals that move up and down. And I would dance. Nothing brings it out of me quite like a merry-go-round!
True story: Last year at the fair was Reed's first ride, and he was nervous the entire time. After it was over, we asked him if it was fun. He emphatically shook his head "no". This time on the carousel, he looked quite bored. I think he'd rather be riding a backhoe.
We ended the fun day with suckers and a dolphin show. It was a great family play date!
Friday, June 10, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
.jpg)



No comments:
Post a Comment